The Lost Art of Innkeeping
A downloadable game for Windows
You’ve just inherited Cascade Manor from your eccentric aunt, but not only is it in a dismal condition, you have only 30 days to pay off the loan your aunt took out shortly before her death.
You decide to convert the manor into an inn, but while you’re busy trying to satisfy the needs of your unusual and persnickety guests, you discover that there is more to the manor than meets the eye...
- Explore the manor and its surroundings, and unlock new rooms and discover new areas.
- Hire an interesting cast of characters to work at your inn.
- Meet a gaggle of guests, including adventurers, inventors, opera singers, fairies, and many others, all of whom have unique personalities and varied preferences.
- Complete mini-quests such as hunting down the ghost haunting the manor, finding coal for the blacksmith, restoring an ancient temple, and more!
- Configure guest rooms, purchase amenities, and upgrade the manor and nearby village to keep your guests happy.
- Design advertisements to attract more guests, but be warned, false advertising will not be taken lightly either by the authorities or your visitors!
- Find items and beautiful paintings that will help you pay off the loan and solve the mystery of Aunt Agatha’s puzzling behavior.
- Replay the game with a New Game+ and discover several exciting new items and guests, and experience different outcomes and multiple endings based on your choices and actions.
- Unlock achievements, master the art of innkeeping, and become the owner of a 5-star inn that caters even to royalty!
About 4 hours for one playthrough (multiple endings available).
This game is an extension of my Indie Game Maker Contest 2017 game, The Rock and the Rose (which won 2nd prize!), with many more new items, areas, characters and upgrades, additional gameplay elements, a richer storyline, achievements, higher-resolution artwork, and improved pixel art and UI.
Minimum system requirements
OS: Windows 7, Windows 8 or Windows 10
Memory: 4 GB RAM
Storage: 300 MB available space
Display: 1280x720 or better
In order to download this game you must purchase it at or above the minimum price of $4.99 USD. You will get access to the following files:
- Updated to version 1.1!55 days ago
- Itch.io's bundle for Racial Justice and EqualityJun 09, 2020
- The Steam store page is up and running!May 28, 2020
- The Lost Art of Innkeeping is now on sale for $4.49!May 08, 2020
- Website and trailer launched!Apr 25, 2020