kind of wish you could invite everyone to the village but other than that it was ok
Mayor On The Run
A downloadable game for Windows
While fleeing, you stumble across a small village in dire straits and you're offered the position of mayor. Can you rejuvenate the village within a week while staying ahead of the people who are after you?
- Decide who gets to move in to the village. Would you rather have a gardener who'll beautify the village, or a clown running away from the circus?
- Explore the surroundings and discover new areas, useful items, and interesting characters who can help you achieve your goals.
- Make the villagers happy by fulfilling their needs and decorating their homes.
- Raise the village's reputation and watch it transform before your very eyes!
- Experience different outcomes and multiple endings based on your choices and actions.
- If you're lucky, you may even be able to change your appearance!
Playtime: About 30-60 minutes (multiple endings available).
Minimum system requirements
OS: Microsoft Windows® 8.1/10 (64bit)
Memory: 8 GB RAM
Graphics: Compatible OpenGL / VRAM 1GB or better
Storage: 300 MB available space
Display: 1280x720 or better
After downloading, unzip the contents to a folder of your choice. Double-click on Game.exe in that folder to start the game.
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
Really fun game! :D
A very cute and quick game! I got The Lost Art of Innkeeping in a bundle some time ago and I've honestly been excited for every game you put out since!
Hey SeaPhoenix! Guess what! I liked your game, again! XD I don’t know but the style of stuff you do (or at least the one I played for the old IGMC) really matched my taste, and this, no surprise, was the same.
- +Presentation is clean and neat. Only some minor niggles on the map collision and ease of access, or some areas being a bit messy with trees.
- +Writing and scenes were charming but quick, not dwelling too much.
- +The mechanic of simple item trade was effective but also relaxing, since it was very casual.
- +The replay value is nice! So far I got one ending but I’m sure there are more (I became a dragoon and I’m a bit upset they did not let ME go fight the thing XD)
- -The transfer between the upper and lower map should be the entire edge, not just the road. That got a bit silly.
- -Some items were a bit hard to see, but the worst by far was the beans. Even when the carpenter TOLD me he had seen them, I did not see them in the vines at all. It’s good that Npcs will tell you about it later, but that one specially was awkward.
- -Adding some kind of number to each ending would help with collecting them (such as ending 1/5 <arrested> etc)
- -The story is obviously very lighthearted and silly, but I do feel some small scenes are missing, such as they giving a bit more of an excuse as to why they appoint you so quickly, or giving each character a smidge more to do. This is all of course NOT considering a tight deadline and more for a polish phase, for a short and cramped deadline, what is there is fine.
- -I was a bit upset that not a single soul mentioned how everyone in the village was a god damn time wizard /jk
Tl;DR I liked it, it’s my jam, and the snappy and casual nature of it is right in my zone. 5 stars. Great job.
I LOVE this game. It's a lot of fun. Thanks for making it. I'm only starting day 3 but I love this so far. :)